Ah, the simple border extension. A necessary task for any burgeoning card alterer. I'm quite pleased with this one. It took a while to figure out how to get colors that matched the palette of this strange piece but once I did it was smooth sailing. I'm really quite proud of this one and hope to improve my skills further as time goes on.
This piece was created for my Glissa, the Traitor EDH deck. I can't stand white bordered cards so I decided to spice this lovely card up and bring it back to life with a personal touch. I've made further progress with my acrylic skills here, especially in terms of the shading on the mountain and the overall composition of the piece. I'm starting to get the hang of working on such a small medium and utilizing every space to its absolute maximum capacity. The trees in the foreground were darker than they should have been because I failed to erase/add a basecoating over the card frame, forcing me to add more layers of paint to cover the visible text. I really enjoy this piece overall and am excited for what the future holds.
This is my first original art piece using acrylics. I was inspired by a fashion photograph one of my friends showed me. The concept behind this piece was to present the suture priest sucking the soul out of the skeleton of a former Mirran, taking its energy and lifeforce for itself. I'm starting to get the hang of acrylics in this piece. It turned out much smoother overall, though I still need to work on my color blending and shading. The suture priest originally had a green palette which completely clashed with the background, forcing me to play around with the coloring a lot more than I should have. It turned out pretty decently in the end though, and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.
This was my first foray into using acrylics for altering. As you can see, there are various problems with this piece, mostly involving the varying degrees of thickness in which I painted. However, I do like the abstract theme that I had going here and would like to revisit this piece and improve it in the future. At the very least, I'd like to play with this style. xD
With this piece, I decided to try my hand at creating a full new artwork. I enjoyed working on it immensely and think the horror turned out wonderfully, though I don't really care for the shading on the intestines in the background. I also think I didn't fully get the concept of humans encased in webbing along this monster's home across completely.
This is my very first alter, done fully with artists pens ranging in thickness from 0.1-0.5 mm. I think it turned out pretty decently as a landscape piece, but the caller herself leaves much to be desired. The water at the bottom is off kilter perspective-wise, but I believe that it was necessary to fully showcase the water that the hedrons were rising from.