Saturday, July 2, 2011

Alter Five- Regrowth

This piece was created for my Glissa, the Traitor EDH deck.  I can't stand white bordered cards so I decided to spice this lovely card up and bring it back to life with a personal touch.  I've made further progress with my acrylic skills here, especially in terms of the shading on the mountain and the overall composition of the piece. I'm starting to get the hang of working on such a small medium and utilizing every space to its absolute maximum capacity.  The trees in the foreground were darker than they should have been because I failed to erase/add a basecoating over the card frame, forcing me to add more layers of paint to cover the visible text.  I really enjoy this piece overall and am excited for what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment